Community Service Directors Meeting
On January 29, 2023, we held our first Southern New England Adventist Community Service meeting for Community Directors, Food Pantry Directors, Communications Directors and Community Coordinators. We had 32 attendees eager to share their plans and ideas. Our attendees brainstormed along with Frankie, and some pictures were brought out to live to implement in the local churches to have a better, more efficient Community Center. Nery Otero brought our devotional, ACS Administrative Assistant; let us reflect on Hebrews 10: 24-25. “Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.”
Participants put together a list of some community service project ideas that cover all these areas.
• Finding a suitable place where the elders can be for the winter.
• Help elders with daily chores.
• Organize a clothing drive.
• Rake leaves for an elderly neighbor.
• Mow your neighbor's lawn.
• Offer dog-walking services.
• Aiding at a homeless shelter
• Aiding for the homeless.
• Find ways to fund projects for the community.
• Find or make a space for a warehouse to store community project supplies.
• Reached out to the community by giving roses to all the ladies at a supermarket or store entrance.
• Incorporate all media to share all community activities with the communication department.
• Community Garden
• Train volunteers on how to work with the homeless. Understanding homeless privacy.
• Car wash to acquire funds for the centers.
• Partnership with local shelters
We had a presentation from the Communication Dept. Shawn Santana, Assistant Communication, IT Manager. Shawn shared valuable information with everyone to make media posts for ACS projects, activities and events more effective on the web and all types of communication.
We also had a presentation from our news program, the Safety Development Center, and presented the upcoming training for all our volunteers.
We appreciate all our volunteers for their dedication to working for the community.