Child Protection Events
Shield the Vulnerable Church Administrator Training
- I have been elected the STV coordinator for my church, where do I begin?
Rescheduled to February 28, 2016 (December 6, 2015 has been cancelled)
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Bailey Hall (34 Sawyer Street; South Lancaster, MA 01561)
Click Here to Register
Join our training, specifically designed for the local church Shield the Vulnerable Administrator.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Why are churches implementing STV?
- How do I use the STV online system?
Brunch will be provided for all those registered.
Child Protection Training
March 22-23, 2015
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Camp Winnekeag (257 Ashby Road; Ashubrnham, MA 01430)
Research indicates that one in four girls, and one in seven boys will be sexually abused prior to their 18th birthday. The offenders will be someone close to the child, a relative, family friend, or one of the many volunteers or professionals who come into contact with children every day - someone most parents would not suspect. Few offenders are caught because they work just as hard to deceive adults as they do to seduce and silence their victims. By taking the time to learn about sex offenders, you will be joining a growing number of parents and volunteers who are learning how to identify and prevent child abuse.
Cory Jewell Jensen, M.S., Co-Director of the Center for Behavioral Intervention
Child Safety: “Lessons we can Learn from Sex Offenders”
• Who the offenders are and why they offend
• “Grooming” tactics used by offenders
• Problems with traditional prevention programs
• Talking to children about abuse
• Practical child and family “rules”
• Responding to sex-abuse disclosures and reporting child abuse
• Addressing the growing number of sex offenders in our community
Arthur F. Blinci, eMBA, VP Chief Officer at Adventist Risk Management
Breaking the Ostrich Syndrome in your Congregation
Protecting Children from Harm in Christ-centered Ministries
• Understanding Denominational Child Protection Policies
• 4 P’s of Child Protection
• Implementing Shield the Vulnerable
Making a Difference in the Life of a Child - A Sacred Trust & Privilege