Welcome to Women's Ministries!
As a WM leader you have an important job to do and we are here to help you as much or as little as you need.
The NAD mission statement best sums up the purpose of Women's Ministries:
The mission of the Women’s Ministries Department of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists is to model Jesus Christ through meaningful relationships and effective ministries.
Our values and objectives are to:
Using the mission statement as a guideline will assist you in planning programs and events that are beneficial to your church and community.
- Provide opportunities for women to deepen their faith and experience spiritual growth and renewal
- Elevate women as persons of worth
- Address the concerns of women
- Build networks among women
- Mentor young women, teens, and girls
- Promote opportunities for wider service for women
- Challenge Adventist women to use their talents and spiritual gifts for the glory of God in the home, church, and community
Many leaders start their year by conducting a survey to determine the needs and wants of their church. Click here for a sample survey. Conducting a survey will help you identify key areas of need within your church, which in turn will guide you as you plan programs, outreach events, and sharing opportunities for the women in your church and community.
It is useful to create a Women's Ministry Team. Your team will be working with you to develop and implement goals, plans, and programs. More importantly, this group of women will be your go-to group for prayer and encouragement.
There are many resources available to you when considering what events to plan. Below are just a few!
- The Women's Ministires Month-by-Month section of this website has creative ideas for you to use.
- For ideas from the NAD Women's Ministries Department Go Here
- To read the NAD 'Begin a Women's Ministries Program' article Go Here
- For resources from the GC Women's Ministries Department Go Here
- The Internet is an excellent source for ideas and to see what other women are doing.
There are several items that you can do that are very important to the SNEC Women's Ministries Department.
1. Please be sure we have updated contact information for you, especially email and mailing addresses.
2. Fill out quarterly report forms and submit them in a timely fashion. Go Here (.pdf) or Here (Word doc) for forms and instructions
3. Read the newsletter and emails for updates; and visit our website often for news and information.
Thank you for your time and dedication. Your ministry is in our prayers, and we would love to hear what you are doing!